Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm Back!

Whoa Nelly it's been a ride since last I posted here! Yes, it's been a year since I've been here. But I think you'll agree that I had a good reason not to be posting on my weight-loss blog.

You see, in September 2010, I found out I was pregnant.

After trying, hoping, praying for over 4 years, I was finally pregnant.

So, of course, I stopped trying to lose weight.

But guess what... I LOST WEIGHT WHILE PREGNANT!

That's right! Thanks to gestational diabetes and learning to eat to manage that, I not only didn't gain any weight during my pregnancy, but I actually lost!

I left the hospital 10 lbs down from my pre-pregnancy weight. And over the course of the next month, I lost another 10 lbs.

Are you keeping up with me here? Not only did I have a beautiful, healthy baby boy... but I was down 20 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.

It was glorious.

Especially since I wasn't really trying to lose weight during that first month. I was pretty much eating what I wanted, and letting those wonderful "I just had a baby" hormones do the rest.

But alas, like all good things, it couldn't last.

Because once my hormones stabilized, I stopped losing weight.

And I even started gaining a little bit back.

Which means, even though I am still 10 lbs down from my pre-pregnancy weight... I'm up almost 10 lbs from where I was that first month after having my baby.

So... all that to say... I've been gone from here, but now I'm back, because I want to get the scale moving DOWN again, and I want it to stay there.

And just how am I going to go about doing this?

Well that, my friends, is another post. So check back, and keep me accountable.

Cause seriously, I need all the help I can get!

1 comment:

  1. Hey you, POST SOME MORE!!


    That's me keeping you accountable. Aren't you glad I'm here? :O)

    ReplyDelete